[MPlayer-users] Re: best graphic card for MPlayer

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Mon Sep 15 19:02:35 CEST 2003

The Wanderer wrote:
> That depends on which card. I picked up a Radeon 9100 earlier this year,
> and could not find working drivers for it *anywhere*. ATI didn't offer
>
> I still have that card... a perfectly good 3D video card, but since
> everyone in the household runs either Linux or MacOS X - and we don't
> know anyone who both runs Windows and could get use out of it - it's
> just sitting around gathering dust. >_<

I thought that there are accelerated OpenGL drivers for this card and
was even thinking about buying it for use under Linux:

http://www.atitech.ca/support/drivers/linux/radeon-linux.html?type=linux&prodType=graphic&prod=productsLINUXdriver&submit.x=15&submit.y=11&submit=GO%21

Did you try this driver?

--
Jindrich Makovicka