[MPlayer-users] Help :/

Horacio Ferrero horace.linux at noos.fr
Sun Sep 21 11:45:32 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 01:29, Loki wrote:
> Em Sáb, 2003-09-20 às 20:07, Horacio Ferrero escreveu:
> > On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 20:05, Loki wrote:
> > > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > > Hey Guys what should I do to play my movies with mplayer ?
> > > its already installed ... but it doesnt load in the movie in the screen
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot :)
> > >
> > Brazilians talk  and talk  and talk but, when sumitting bug
> > reports.......they said nothing! (Argentinian words:::!)
> >
> > Say always something more than "doesn't run" otherwise nobody can help
> > you. Send at least those lines output in the console...If you uses the
> > GUI interface, launch mplayer in a console.
> >
> > Your!
>
> Hey Horacio ... I 'm just asking an information so if u wana help me its
> fine ...
>
> So I will put my steps here and my console signs...
>
> I type mplayer /name_of_file_to_play then it appears that
>
> MPlayer 0.91-3.2.2  (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team
> CPU: Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Coppermine,Geyserville (Family: 6,
> Stepping: 10
> )
> Detected cache-line size is 32 bytes
> CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE
>
> Reading config file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: Arquivo ou
> diretório nã
> o encontrado
> Reading config file /root/.mplayer/config
> Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
> '/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf': Arq
> uivo ou diretório não encontrado
> Reading /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
> '/usr/local/etc/mplayer/c
> odecs.conf': Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
> Using built-in default codecs.conf

You have no codecs loaded....in MPlayer's home page you'll find that!

> font: can't open file: /root/.mplayer/font/font.desc
> font: can't open file: /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
> Using Linux hardware RTC timing (1024Hz).
> Can't open input config file /root/.mplayer/input.conf: Arquivo ou
> diretório não
>  encontrado
> Can't open input config file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/input.conf: Arquivo
> ou diret
> ório não encontrado
> Falling back on default (hardcoded) input config

No config files found...

> Playing /mnt/wind/Emule/aerger.mov
> QuickTime/MOV file format detected.
> --------------
> MOV track #0: 15 chunks, 101 samples
> Image size: 160 x 120 (24 bpp)
> Display size: 160 x 120
> Fourcc: cvid  Codec: 'Cinepak'
> --------------
> MOV: longest streams: A: #-1 (0 samples)  V: #0 (101 samples)
> fbdev: Can't open /dev/fb0: Dispositivo inexistente
> Requested video codec family [cvidvfw] (vfm=vfw) not available (enable
> it at com                   pilation)

MPlayer has been compiled without some options...

> Opening video decoder: [cinepak] Cinepak Video decoder
> VDec: vo config request - 160 x 120 (preferred csp: Packed YUY2)
> VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
> Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
> O: [null] 160x120 => 160x120 Planar YV12
> Selected video codec: [cvid] vfm:cinepak (Cinepak Video (native codec))
> Audio: no sound
> Starting playback...
> V:   4,0  101   0%  0%  0,0% 0 0 0%
>
> Exiting... (End of file)
>

> So how can I launch the gui interface ?
> Thats all that happens but the movie doesnt load on screen

If you've compiled MP with --enable-gui you're able to launch gmplayer
for that you have to provide a skin for the player in config files.
I don't thing, I can help you more than this .... I'm still tryig to
build Live.com without success! So, I get no leave strings play by MP..
At least, MP plays DVD's very well!

chau
--
Horacio Ferrero <horace.linux at noos.fr>