[MPlayer-users] Green Screen: tv and bt848

Ben Luey LueyB at colorado.edu
Tue Sep 16 23:26:24 CEST 2003

I have mandrake 9.1 and a Hauppauge WinTV bt848 chipset tv card. The card works
fine in zapping and xawtv. But when I try mplayer -tv on all I get is a green
screen. I've tried using the driver=dummy and I get the same green screen. When
I try driver=v41 or driver=bsdbt848 mplayer says the driver isn't installed
(how do I install it?). I've tried different channels, entering the freq of the
channels, and different fps and resolutions, but I always get this static green
screen. mplayer works fine with my dvd player, so the problem isn't the screen
output. Any ideas of what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
University of Colorado