[MPlayer-users] Re: best graphic card for MPlayer

Alain Ledesma hmhrclassic at graffiti.net
Mon Sep 15 09:56:52 CEST 2003

>So, are you from Sweden, <hmhrclassic at graffiti.net>?

No, a little bit southwards, from Spain. And we don´t use those strange swedish letters. Our only special letter is this: "ñ", but I don´t know if you can see it. It´s an "n" with a horizontal line above it.

>Is your mail user agent a perl hack ?

I don´t know. I am not writing from my Linux box, but from a W2000 pc at the office.

>With NVidia you have to live
>with binary-only drivers, and with ATI you have to live >without many
>features of the card.

A very good situation, indeed! An any other manufacturer?

>GATOS drivers are pretty-much
>_the_ drivers for ATI cards on XFree86 systems, and the >GATOS
>developers
>seem perfectly content to only support the basic >functions of the
>card.

So having an Ati card on a Linux system is a waste of money. Thanks I got mine from a friend at very low price!