[MPlayer-users] is mencoder as good as nandub ?

linux user linux-user at ananzi.co.za
Sun Sep 14 17:39:35 CEST 2003

Can I ask a question here:

I have read thru the docs and believe I have read almost
everything. including encodeing tips. Still I have
question.

I have DVD with 3 pass I extract audio to frameno.avi. now
mencoder suggests bitrates. Is this bases on DVD original
dimensions? IE. if I want endproduct in 640 width do I put
in crop 640*???

When I have a movie that I want to resize and de-interlace.
do I de-interlace in the second pass and resize in the
third? pass?

Thanx