[MPlayer-users] XDPMS and xv output problme with LATEST MPLAYER CVS

ndeb at ece.cmu.edu ndeb at ece.cmu.edu
Sat Sep 13 16:28:57 CEST 2003

Hi all,
	I thought I should report this in time for this to be fixed in
time for the 1.0 release. Here are relevant details of MPLAYER and the
system.

- Using latest mplayer/ffmpeg CVS
- Using it on stock mandrake-9.2rc2 (gcc-3.3.1,	glibc-2.3.2)
- configured with --enable-gui
- Running mplayer in non-gui mode
- KDE desktop

Command line used: mplayer -v -fs -vo xv file.mpg

Problem description/nature:

	1) Mplayer starts in fullscreen, the video window shows
for a fraction of a second and then the screen becomes black.

	2) If I press 'f' twice then the normal fullscreen mode is
restored.

	3) Basically, for some reason, the powersaver (XDPMS) is being
turned on just after the full-screen mode switch.

Note that:

	- The problem does not appear everytime a movie is played in
fullscreen but it is very reproducible.

	- The problem does not appear when "-vo x11" is used.

	- The problem appears at all resolutions texted (1600x1200 to
600x600)

MPlayer o/p does say:

X11 opening display: :0
vo: X11 color mask:  FFFFFF  (R:FF0000 G:FF00 B:FF)
vo: X11 running at 1280x1024 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0" => local
display)
[x11] Detected wm supports NetWM.
[x11] Detected wm supports FULLSCREEN state.
[x11] Detected wm supports STAYS_ON_TOP state.
[x11] Current fstype setting honours FULLSCREEN STAYS_ON_TOP X atoms
Disabling DPMS
DPMSDisable stat: 1

at the start of playing the file.

In libvo/ the only relevant file with DPMS functions is x11_common.c.
Anybody with any ideas ?

thanks
- Nil