[MPlayer-users] Re: best graphical card for mplayer

Stefan Seyfried seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de
Wed Sep 10 19:49:21 CEST 2003

Patrice Levesque <wayne at ptaff.ca> writes:

> atitvout seems to do nothing.

well, it does for me, but only if booted with tv plugged in and
if you switch off tv (starting X for example with the "wrong" modeline),
then you never get sync back. But the behaviour seems to be card dependent.

> Am I understanding that there is a way to switch between the two modes
> without rebooting? a HOWTO would *greatly* be appreciated as I wasn't
> able to find any working doc.

Well, just use windows, the windows drivers could switch between all
modes iirc, the last time i used this was back in 1997.

 Stefan Seyfried, seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de