[MPlayer-users] Re: How to record the X output

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Sun Sep 7 12:43:21 CEST 2003

J. Grant wrote:
> Your friend could write a script that takes screenshots 25 times per
> sec, then you can reconstruct all those images into a video.  Does
> mencoder suppport inputing separate frames like this?

Yes, it does, with the "mf://" syntax. You can use ImageMagick's import
utility in automated capturing. It can write PNG, JPEG, and many other
formats.

> on the 04/09/03 08:56, Thomas Helfer wrote:
>> A friend of mine wants to make a presentation of a software. His goal
>> is to record what happens on the screen (He uses X in a "natural" way,
>> which means with NVidia drivers and no framebuffer).

RFB Proxy could be useful for this purpose, though I don't know of a way
to connect it to MPlayer. I'm not sure what you mean by 'in a "natural"
way, which means with NVidia drivers and no framebuffer'.

<URL:http://cyberelk.net/tim/rfbproxy/>

Jonathan Rogers