[MPlayer-users] taking a screenshot of a video while playing it

Matt Ficken mattficken at mail.com
Fri Sep 5 09:24:09 CEST 2003

I'm trying to take screenshots of videos while they are playing.

The problem I'm having is that when I'm only playing 1 video, the screen shot of the video shows only
blue where the video is. But, when I'm playing multiple videos, every video BUT the first one I start
shows the video.

I'm using graphicsmagick (gm import), and I've also tried knapshot (part of KDE). I'm running
XFree86-4.3 on linux-2.4 on an i686

The odd thing is that when I use knsapshot, instead of showing a blue box in place of the video, it shows
a transparent box that is filled with whatever is under the knsapshot window.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers