[MPlayer-users] Re: Can mencoder write partial files while encoding?

Stefan Seyfried seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de
Tue Sep 2 08:42:51 CEST 2003

Rainer Hantsch <rainer at hantsch.co.at> writes:

> Sometimes I really question about how far mencoder developers think
> forward in belong of practical usability. What does it help to code a great

they don't care at all. And i adore them for that :-)
If you want useability - send patch. If it is as trivial as you say, why
don't you just do it.
MPlayer developers are hopefully hacking away on G2 and don't care about
the old stuff which is probably a pain to fix.

> encoder when it lacks the minimal requirements? Every stupid Win Program does
> automated splitting into multiple files!

blah blah blah. USE THOSE STUPID WIN PROGRAMS!
I give you a hint on what to google:
  vlc stream output transport stream transcode
transport streams can be cut with "dd".

Hey, but please dont plague the videolan developers before reading the
documentation, everything is explained there.
 Stefan Seyfried, seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de