[MPlayer-users] Exact resulting file format ???

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Thu Oct 30 14:44:24 CET 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:22:20 +0100 (CET)
Rainer Hantsch <rainer at hantsch.co.at> wrote:

> Hmm - Is there a "workaround" for that? You say LINUX bug: Is this a logical
> bug inside the Linux driver (that linux still thinks of having to proceed
> with mode2), or is it a hardware bug, that the plextor simply isn't reset
> after playing the VCD by mplayer/mencoder?

It's a Linux bug. You have to change the read block size to 2358 (iirc)
for raw read which you need for VCDs. Linux stores this but there is no
way to reset it to 2048 for normal data cds.

> It would be fine to run some commands to force normal operation of the drive
> manually when I get this problem. Something like an SCSI-Reset to the drive?

Not possible, as the problem is not in the firmware or cdrom settings itself
but the settings stored by linux.
My patch just resets the block size everytime a cdrom is opened.
(unless it's already open)
			Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu