[MPlayer-users] OT-Question: Hof to *duplicate* a SVCD 1:1 ?

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Thu Oct 30 12:55:49 CET 2003

Hi!

I have tried to duplicate a self made SVCD in Linux (SuSE 8.0), But it did not
work as I expected.

What I tried was to build an image of the original CD and then burn this onto
another one. But this does not work because of this damned mode2,,,

I tried to build an image with this:  dd if=/dev/hdc of=image.file

Can anybody describe me how to do that correctly? In mplayer (when I use it to
play this SVCD with  mplayer vcd://1 , I get two partitions shown. I assume
that the first one is written in ISO9660/Mode1, while the second one is
written in "whatever"-Mode2. Maybe therefore I get no working image!

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch