[MPlayer-users] gmplayer and more then one video playback

Francesco fcomi at tiscali.it
Wed Oct 29 18:24:25 CET 2003

I use Rox Filer to launch avi clips with gmplayer.
It works ok if I try to open one avi file, then close gmplayer and load
a second avi file.

I would like to have a different behaviour:
When I doubleclick an avi file gmplayer should automatically stop the
current avi file and play the new one. Or it would be also ok if it is
enqueued. It would be ok (but not preferred for me) if another session
of gmplayer is loaded that plays the new file.

The actual behaviour of gmplayer is to load another session and complain
that the vo device is busy.

It is also boring that when i'm using avview (from gatos project) to
watch TV gmplayer dont work (same error message).

I dont have these problems with mplayer or vlc.

Is there a command line option to do what I'm asking?

Thanks.
Francesco