[MPlayer-users] Re: Cannot compile Mplayer-cvs on Mac OS-X 10.2

Christoph Nägeli chn at kbw.ch
Tue Oct 21 14:27:58 CEST 2003

Hi,

I had the same problems recentl. Magnus and me tested some
modifications in the configuration script so this shouldn't happen
again.
Depending on the operating system, you have to tell gcc differently you
like to use altivec.

If you run OS X, you have to set the compiler flag "-faltivec" instead
of "-maltivec -mabi=altivec".

In the beginning of the configuration script output should be something
like this ...
Detected operating system: Darwin
Detected host architecture: ppc
Checking for gcc version ... 3.3, ok
Checking for CPU type ... 7450 altivec
Checking for GCC & CPU optimization abilities ... 7450
Checking for GCC altivec support ... Darwin-style (-faltivec)
Checking for altivec.h ... no

and not ...

Checking for GCC altivec support ... FSF-Style ...
(or something like this)

Also, can you check in the file config.h if the flag "#define
HAVE_ALTIVEC 1" is set?

Hope this helps.
Christoph