[MPlayer-users] DivX/XviD qpel decoding

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Tue Oct 14 21:18:12 CEST 2003

Unfortunalty the green smearing bug is not lavc one, but in both divx4/5
and xvid bug. It comes from the incaccurte DCT that they are using. That
DCT comes from libmpeg2, and is not good enough for mpeg4 standart, but is
used becouse of its good speed.
To workaround it use the same idct in lavc with this option:
mplayer -lavdopt idct=4

Best Regards
   Ivan Kalvachev
  iive