[MPlayer-users] Stop time.

Konstantinos Karydas kkar at intracom.gr
Tue Oct 14 08:28:53 CEST 2003

> > Alban Bedel wrote:
> >
> >> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> >> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> >> Hi Konstantinos Karydas,

> why there is
> >>>

> >> I think that you fail to see where the problem is. None of the devs
> >> implemented it until now beside some user request. This show that
> >> probably none of them is intersted in writing that.
> >> However if someone send a proper patch i see no reason why it should
> >> be refused.
> >>
> >> This is a recurent problem. Most ppl seems to think devs will implement
> >> what the users of their program want. But this is free software, it's
> >> made by ppl on their free time. So these ppl write what they want,
> >> not what others want !!! And the users ? They should just send good
> >> bug reports ;)
> >>
> >>     Albeu
> >>
> > and possibly good patches, too, right?
>
> Then they aren't users any more (advusers or even devs :)
> --

Exactly the case! We are not Mplayer developers, we are Mplayer users, i.e.
we are intended to use the mplayer! Not to develope the mplayer. Otherwise I
would be signed into the mplayer developers list. Thank you Dmitry.

> With best wishes
> Dmitry Baryshkov

Anyway, I would never have problem in helping the mplayer development if I
could but I have to do my own development for the project I am working on at
my company. So there is no time left. At least for the moment. But who knows
in the future!...

Regards,

Kostas