[MPlayer-users] ATI Radeon 9000 and tv-out

Juan Martin nauj27 at teleline.es
Wed Oct 8 12:21:50 CEST 2003

El mié, 08-10-2003 a las 09:50, Fabio Stumbo escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> I have an ati radeon 9000 card and I downloaded the latest ati drivers
> (3.2.5, if I remember well).
>
> With great pleasure I discovered that ati provided tv-out even for linux.
> So I have chosen "clone mode" and now I have my desktop both on the
> monitor and, in carbon copy, on the tv.
> When I launch mplayer I can see its frontend correctly, on both screens.
> The problem is: when I play a dvd, I can see it correctly on the monitor,
> meanwhile on the tv the mplayer window is empty, filled with an annoying
> blue background... :-((
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> TIA
>
> Fabio

RTFM at section 2.3.1.2.11. Quote:

"The problem is that most cards' driver doesn't support hardware
acceleration on the second head/TV. In those cases, you see green/blue
colored window instead of the movie. This is where this driver comes in
handy, but you need powerful CPU to use software scaling. Don't use the
SDL driver's software output+scaler, it has worse image quality!"

Regards,

--
  Juan Martín López - ICQ #76955750
    http://pagina.de/juanotura/