[MPlayer-users] OT: S-video capture / v4l

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists at icequake.net
Tue Oct 7 01:21:18 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 02:40:50PM -0700, Joseph N. Hall wrote:
> Can someone recommend a good S-video capture card for v4l?
> A TV tuner would be nice but not essential.  I would like
> something that would do a good or better job of capturing
> a high quality source like laserdisc.  Budget that I have
> in mind is up to $200, but that is flexible if the quality
> is GOOD.  Ideally I would also be capturing 2-4 (or more?)
> channels of mixed analog and PCM audio at the same time
> from other card(s), although 2 channels would be OK.
>
> I hate to resort to asking on the list like this, but 100
> percent of the discussion I've read on the capture topic
> nowadays is DVR-oriented, tv and cable tuners and all that.
> Also, I have no idea what specific hardware actually works
> with v4l. Me, I still have lots of laserdiscs and Hi8 to
> convert.

I use a Pinnacle DC10Plus.  Aside from the fact that it captures in
640x480 NTSC (instead of the more convenient 720x480), it is a very
solid card and works well for what I use it for.  They are cheap too
like any of the Zoran MJPEG cards...

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253