[MPlayer-users] copy but increase the volume

tarass at club-internet.fr tarass at club-internet.fr
Mon Nov 24 10:57:39 CET 2003

Le 11/24/2003 10:20 AM, Adam Nielsen a joliment écrit :

>>i agree, but with a difference of 10db between to video, lower you can can
>>increase the volume, but if it's greater you have to jump on the rempte
>>control : and it does'nt made for that, do you ? ;-))
>

> Ha ha, yes, I hate it when something comes up so loud it gives you a
> fright ;-)

I've no neibours

> Well you could look into mencoder's plugins, I haven't used them myself but
> there are plugins to amplify the volume (-vf volume?  Check the manpage.)  I
> don't know if mencoder can encode AC3 though, so you might have to look for
> another program to encode it after you've decoded it.  Presumably mencoder
> can produce a 6-channel PCM file at the correct volume (disk space
> permitting) but you might need another program to convert that PCM data back
> into AC3.

-af volume doesn't work with copy because it's a copy !!
In fact I don't have home cinema, then I will enconde in 2 channel
stereo PCM. Like it isn't a copy -af volume should work.

> An alternative might be to look at a file format that does this on the fly,
> e.g. you can specify the amplification level in Ogg Vorbis files.  I don't
> really know of any video format like this (maybe Matroska?) but I suspect
> you're after a certain type of file (like an AVI or MPEG) so this wouldn't
> help anyway.

I just begin with mplayer, it's a little complex now.
I will have soon a Tv satellite card and I will dedicate myself to make
it work, and I presume that it will be a full time job ;-)

Thanks for your help.

Nicolas.

--
    Powered           .~.