[MPlayer-users] ALSA output not working

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Fri Nov 21 04:43:46 CET 2003

David S. Geirsson wrote:
> Hi. First off, I'm not subscribed to the mailing list at the moment, so
> it would be very good if I be CC'd on any replies.
>
> I just set up ALSA on my laptop, and of course, started by configuring
> mplayer to use it. However, whenever I try to play anything in mplayer
> with ao=alsa9, I get the following output:
>
> [snip]

Please don't cut the output of mplayer when reporting to this list. If
we can't see the entire output, we can't see what's going wrong. In this
case, I can't tell what mplayer version you're using and don't know if I
should advise you to upgrade. Either way, if you're not using a recent
cvs build (from within the last few weeks) you should upgrade now. Your
problem could possibly be fixed already.

If you still have the problem, then please read
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html

-Corey