[MPlayer-users] Odd messages from softpulldown

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Thu Nov 20 01:24:02 CET 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:

>>This is while encoding a DVD of television episodes.
>

> Are you sure there's any reason to use vf_softpulldown? TV content is
> usually just interlaced to begin with (not telecined at all!) or
> hard-telecined.
>
> Rich

The DVDs of television episodes I've seen are usually mixed hard and
soft telecine. Sometimes the only telecining is right when the camera
changes view, for less than a second. Sometimes the intro is
hard-telecined whereas the actual episode isn't.

Of course, that might not be the case here...

To the original poster:
Do those messages occur continuously for long durations, or just
sporadically? The frame-stamps on the ones you posted indicate that
they're all close together, but I can't tell if that's representative
of what happens for a long time or for just a moment.

If you're not sure, just send the entire output:

(if you're using bash)
$ mencoder ...... 2>&1 | bzip2 > output.bz2

...and then attatch output.bz2 to your email.

-Corey