[MPlayer-users] mplayer works except for streaming content in browser.

Josh Eror rumpy at mrbitter.org
Thu Nov 20 01:26:22 CET 2003

Hi Folks,

I just need a little help with the mplayer plug-in. My installation went
flawlessly and the tests I ran @ http://mplayerplug-
in.sourceforge.net/howto.html worked until I tried to view streaming through
my browser. There were no error, the box displayed by the movie was simply
blank and said:

mplayerplug-in

Playing http://long -url-here

Nothing happends after that. No movie plays, but I can stream the same movie
from the command line and view it through mplayer. The plugin is installed and
in the correct location. My brwoser is:

Mozilla Firebird 0.7

Thanks in advance for any help,

Josh.