[MPlayer-users] Segfault when encoding MPEG transport stream

Nico nsabbi at tiscali.it
Wed Nov 19 15:38:11 CET 2003

ffmpeg2 is  surely more resistent to errors than libmpeg-0.3, but the crash
may still be due to a bug in the demuxer (recently I discovered 2 bugs
that I haven't had time to fix, yet).

As far as I can see the quality of the decoded image is the same.

You can set ffmpeg2 as default decoder inserting

vd=ffmpeg2,

(the trailing "," is necessary to decode non-mpeg[12] videos) in your
config file.