[MPlayer-users] advice on mencoder options

anton anton_melser at paradise.net.nz
Mon Nov 17 07:08:52 CET 2003

Thanks for all your advice. I will certainly go for the audio variation,
as the quality is at least as good and at q=6 is smaller on the couple
I've tried so far. The video is a little harder. I tried verbatim
(suggested):

mbd=2:mv0:trell:cbp:precmp=2:cmp=2:subcmp=2:\
vmax_b_frames=1:predia=2:dia=2:preme=2:vme=5:naq:v4mv

and it gave me noticeably better quality (along with a scale to
640:360), but unfortunately took the rate from 44 fps to 14fps! I will
use it on those ones in between the 1 and 2 cd sizes...
Cheers heaps
Anton