[MPlayer-users] whats lircc? lirc support problem

Dano rabinowich at zoznam.sk
Sun Nov 16 17:19:29 CET 2003

> ./configure --help | grep lirc
>   --enable-lirc          enable LIRC (remote control) support
> [autodetect]
>   --enable-lircc         enable LIRCCD (LIRC client daemon) input
> [autodetect]
>
> Perhaps ./configure --disable-lircc?  According to Google (you should
> try it
> some time ;-)), lircc appears to be a client for LIRC that coordinates
> all
> programs using LIRC - so they all connect to lircc instead.

I already have compiled mplayer with the option --disable-lircc, but i
have no lirc support in mplayer
After running mplayer i get this:
Setting up LIRC support...
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support

It looks that without the lircc enabled i can't use mplayer with my remote
control.
I mean that the only --enable-lirc isn't enough.

--
Dano