[MPlayer-users] show interlaced/progressive info..

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Fri Nov 14 11:43:14 CET 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Tuukka Toivonen wrote:

>>I meant: would you care to show me some code that determines reliably
>>whether video is interlaced or not? I tried many many times when
>>working on inverse telecine, and failed every time....and that was
>Ok, got it. So it is difficult (I thought it wouldn't be).

One idea I wonder if you have tried it: compute correlation first between
vertically adjacent scanlines, the compute correlation between every other
vertically adjacent scanline (leaving one scanline between) and the compare
the average correlation. If it is larger for scanlines which have one
scanline between them, then the video is likely to be interlaced.

No, I don't have code yet.