[MPlayer-users] strange pattern repeated

felix.news at qodiga.com felix.news at qodiga.com
Sun Nov 9 22:36:50 CET 2003

Hi!

   I bought a few weeks ago a new, and bigger monitor, and... obviously
	I tried with mplayer to test the new resolution but something really
	strange happened.

	When the movie are playing the right part of the screen are appearing
	repeated few times [at wide screen]. If I use E to adjust screen to
	view in the monitor size the problem disappeared.

	Is difficult to explain, but I draw with ascii the problem:

	the movie is like that

	ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
	ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
	ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
	ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

	but the movie are playing like that:

	ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPRSTRSTRSTR
	ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPRSTRSTRSTR
	ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPRSTRSTRSTR
	ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPRSTRSTRSTR

	then i don't see the whole frame but a repeated part.

	my actual resolution is 1200x900 pixels.

	What's wrong?, mplayer works fin at 1024x768 with exactly the same
	hardware.

	thanks a lot,

	Felix

--