[MPlayer-users] mga_vid VT switching hangs

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists at icequake.net
Sat Nov 8 21:25:11 CET 2003

Hello,

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 11:54:20PM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> Anyway, if you're having crashes and you're using binaryware, the
> obvious fix is to get rid of the binaryware. It's definitely possible
> to use dualhead X on G400 without HAL, although it might require
> making the second head non-accelerated.

How?  This idea has been put forth on this list previously, and at that
point I mentioned that I was never able to get it to work, and whoever
claimed that it had worked never replied. :(  The only way I see using
the second head without the HAL is to use fbdev for *both* heads, which
is not a nice compromise.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>