[MPlayer-users] vsync not working

Etienne SANDRE etienne.sandre at polytechnique.org
Thu Nov 6 18:19:49 CET 2003

> Well, I'm using two monitors at the moment but it's not a TwinView set up.
> Each monitor appears as a separate screen, so I can't drag programs across
> monitors.  But I don't mind that, and it does mean I get full acceleration
> on my primary head.
>
> Is your TwinView set up done as part of nVidia's driver config?  Because
> (just wild guessing here) if you told the nVidia driver to set up the two
> monitors as separate screens like me, but then used Xinerama to combine
> them back into the one display, you *might* be able to get acceleration
> back...

I find Twinview quite useful and I prefer not to abandon it...

I finally found a good solution : a script starts a second X server on the
display :1 , and with a ServerLayout in my XF86Config which does not uses
twinview. So that when I double-click on my favorite movie it turns on the
second monitor but gives full acceleration on the first one. When I quit the
movie it automatically returns to my dual-headed desktop