[MPlayer-users] A N00b's Telnet Woes

kilg0r3 wwwer at gmx.net
Thu May 29 14:25:51 CEST 2003

hi, i am currently trying to start mplayer from a remote machine by using a telnet console. However, while mplayer works fine when started locally, it throughs the attached messages when I start it via telnet. As it seems it does not find the video card of the remote machine and then tries to use the terminal window for video output.
I suspect that the solution is in the docs but I am not at all familiar with the terminology making it hard for me to find the right starting point. So, I would be very glad if someone could just point me in the right direction.

I am using Windows XP and the mplayer-cvs-2003-03-24 version of mplayer

Thank you very much.

Here is the somewhat abridged version of mplayer's output:

Reading config file C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/Severus Snape/Desktop/mplayer/mplayer/config
Reading C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/Severus Snape/Desktop/mplayer/mplayer/codecs.conf: 53 audio & 141 video codecs
Font C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/Severus Snape/Desktop/mplayer/mplayer/font/f
ont.desc loaded successfully! (206 chars)
Using usleep() timing

Unknown key 'menu'
Can't open input config file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/input.conf : No such file or
 directory
Falling back on default (hardcoded) input config

Playing z:\o_brother_01.ogm
OGG file format detected.

<vo_directx><ERROR>Your card doesn't support overlay
Opening video filter: [yuy2]

Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)

This file was encoded with XviD build 9
VDec: vo config request - 704 x 288 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vop scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
init_vo failed

FATAL: Could not initialize video filters (-vop) or video output (-vo).

Exiting... (End of file)