[MPlayer-users] Re: ATI Radeon Mobility M6 performance

Stefan Seifert stefanseifert at gmx.net
Sat May 17 19:36:30 CEST 2003

> Hi,
>
> Stefan Seifert wrote:
> > Hi!
> > Does anyone have some experience with the ATI Radeon Mobility M6 and
> > mplayer?
> >
> > Why is video so slow on this notebook and how could i improve it?
>
> Try vidix.
>
> James.

Thanks! It's not that I didn't tryp vidix before, but it just didn't work.
And your message motivated me to try to find the problem.
I did install mplayer with --prefix=$HOME and with this it couldn't find the
vidix drivers. I now installed system wide and it works finally.

But the performance issues using xv or the like still remain and it would be
nice to solve them (although a very good alternative now exists). But I
don't know if it's X's the radeon driver's or mplayer's fault.