[MPlayer-users] TV capture syntax

Fri May 16 23:56:29 CEST 2003

I am using .90rc4.

Can someone please enlighten me on the syntax to be used to capture from
TV?  I've read several posts with conflicting opinions on -tv vs. tv://

tv:// doesn't work for me.  With that included, I get errors such as:
Unknown protocol 'tv'
Unable to open URL: tv://4

If I use the "old syntax" it will record, but simply ignores the channel
that I try to set it to.  It records whatever channel happened to be the
last one opened/watched.

mencoder -tv
on:driver=v4l:input=0:channel=$channel:width=320:height=240:fps=29.970:norm=NTSC -of avi -ovc divx4 -oac mp3lame -o filename.avi

Thanks in advance,
Michael