[MPlayer-users] Re: Getting DVD Info

Michael Waters stonin at rogers.com
Tue May 6 07:40:47 CEST 2003

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 21:25 +0100, Chris Phillips wrote:
> well it would be silly if mplayer could show the ENTIRE dvd if desired,
> and not just the current track. that's why I wrote lsdvd to go with me
> mencoder front end http://acidrip.sf.net There's a new frontend,
> gmencoder, which does use -identify directly, and it takes absolutely
> bloody ages.... and still can't really provide a suitable amount of
> information. If mplayer could provide something as useful as that then i'd
> probably drop my own app in a second, even if it does output directly to
> a perl hash if desired... ;-)

Thanks for lsdvd.  I was just looking for a quick way to find the total
time of the main title of a dvd and this works well.  Are there any
plans to have mplayer/mencoder show this info?

I noticed as well that mplayer shows incorrect bitrate for vbr mp3
tracks of avi files, for example:

AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, 16 bit (0x10), ratio: 4000->192000 (32.0 kbit)

aviplay shows the correct bitrate in its `about stream` window. Is
there any chance to steal this feature?  :)

Michael