[MPlayer-users] Re: Getting DVD Info

Chris Phillips chris at thirtythreeandathird.net
Mon May 5 22:25:58 CEST 2003

> There are a couple of third party tools that do this but that seems
> silly.  If you run MPlayer in verbose mode it spits out almost all that
> info and then starts the DVD.  I just want it to spit out the info so I can
> rip the audio.  Basically I just want to know what AIDs are on the DVD so I
> can rip them.  Right now I don't know of an easy way.

well it would be silly if mplayer could show the ENTIRE dvd if desired,
and not just the current track. that's why I wrote lsdvd to go with me
mencoder front end http://acidrip.sf.net There's a new frontend,
gmencoder, which does use -identify directly, and it takes absolutely
bloody ages.... and still can't really provide a suitable amount of
information. If mplayer could provide something as useful as that then i'd
probably drop my own app in a second, even if it does output directly to
a perl hash if desired... ;-)

thanks

chris