[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: status of dvd:// and -dvd

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 5 00:28:56 CEST 2003

Hi,

> cos it means i have to change the code in my program to use dvd:// in
> mplayer and -dvd in mencoder or dvd:// depending on which version...
> fair enough. thanks

why? use always dvd://, it exists since 0.90preX where X is low number,
it was added more than half year ago.
and no one should use older mplayer anyway.

removal of the obsolete -dvd etc options was delayed a lot, but every
developer agreed on removing them after 0.90 release and development fork.

it's not the biggest change, the 'main' cvs (development code) have (and
will have) much more drastic changes in both usage and features.

users should use 0.90 release (or 0_90 CVS), not main, except if they need
some special main-only feature or want to test very *experimental* code.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team