[MPlayer-users] How to start mplayer

Stephen Liu satimis at icare.com.hk
Thu Mar 27 13:02:02 CET 2003

Hi Joonas,

Thanks for your advice.

Joonas Koivunen wrote:
> - snip -
>
> have you tried "mplayer" ? :)) documentary is man page and probably in your
> /usr/share/doc/mplayer* or /usr/local/share/doc/mplayer* or something like
> that..

I think the collective documentation is under

$ cd /usr/share/doc/mplayer-common-0.90rc4/
$ ls
bugreports.html  documentation.html  German     sound.html
cd-dvd.html      encoding.html       Hungarian
users_against_developers.html
Chinese          faq.html            Italian    video.html
codecs.html      formats.html        Polish
codecs-in.html   French              skin.html

If I am wrong please correct me

> try "gmplayer" to get mplayer with it's gui.. though there are other guis
> available too..

$ mplayer
bash: mplayer: command not found

could not start mplayer