[MPlayer-users] Requested feature

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Mar 27 00:48:00 CET 2003

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 06:25:28PM -0300, Alejandro Néstor Vargas wrote:
> Martin Pavon dijo:
> > If the dvd is R4 (I assume that, this is the standar here) in the 99.99% of the case
> > you must set  -ofps 23.976;
>
> OK. Thank you. Now checking see this:
>
> demux_mpg: 3:2 TELECINE detected, enabling inverse telecine fx. FPS changed to 23,976!
>

> The requested festure:
>
> ¿May be mencoder needs to detect this fps change and change the ofps?

Arpi says this isn't possible, since you have to know the fps when you
first start writing the output file, but the detection can't take
place until several frames have passed. Also some (crappy) encodes mix
back and forth between the two... :(

Is it really that hard to type -ofps 23.976? Ripping DVDs is
complicated enough that it requires a lot of user intervention to get
it right, so trying to automate this doesn't really make a lot of
sense anyway until a lot more can be automated, which is still a long
ways away.

Rich