[MPlayer-users] Is MPlayer the right one? How to Install it without "root"

Götz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Tue Mar 18 14:43:04 CET 2003

Am Dienstag, 18. März 2003, 14:07:42 Uhr MET, schrieb Colin Leroy:
> I'm able to watch 720x480 divx on a G3 400, for which mplayer is far less
> optimized (pure C code, Celeron have asm routines implemented), with 10%
> framedrop. The only difference is I use xvidix with an ATI; if you have
> one you may want to try it, it's much faster than XV (even with an old
> Rage LT pro pci).

Yes, I won't buy another nvidia card for my next system, but I wanted
to point out that for my hardware setup aviplay is faster than mplayer
with the same divx file, the same ffmpeg codec and the same output
target (xv).
--
   Götz Waschk <> master of computer science  <> University of Rostock
 http://wwwtec.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~waschk/waschk.asc for PGP key