[MPlayer-users] ALSA (0.9.1) + mplayer (0.90rc4) + Audigy2 + channels & surround problem

Zdenek Pizl z.p at linux-cd.cz
Mon Mar 17 15:57:18 CET 2003

On Monday 17 of March 2003 15:50, gabor wrote:
> > Doh!
> >
> >  Is anywhere explained the syntax of  "-ao alsa9:whatever" and what it
> > do? I really can't find it and I like to know it.
> they are config files in /usr/share/alsa/pcm.
> so you can try to read them :(

Gabor :-)

 I know that they are configs from that directory. I am interesting in where
is this mplayer syntax described and what happens then. Sorry for uncleary
question.

By the way, in my case usage of -ao alsa9:surround51 lead to "nosound result".
That's the reason I am looking for such answers, because it should work but
it don't.

--
z.p.