[MPlayer-users] sun .au files

Glyn glyn.kennington at hertford.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Mar 17 10:53:27 CET 2003

Dominik Szczerba wrote:
> > Try playing it with "cat file.wav > /dev/dsp" (or, for pedants,
> > "tail -c +45 file.wav > /dev/dsp" ) and see if it really is truncated.
> the first doesnt play at all (cating waves never worked for me), the
> pedant one plays a very corrupted sound (the same for other waves as well).

Oh, nearly forgot... The sox package normally includes a command called `play',
that is more sophisticated than cat > /dev/dsp, in that it resamples the file   for use by the soundcard, when necessary.  See what that makes of the .wav file
in question, before you go worrying about more complicated media players.

Glyn

glyn.kennington at hertford.oxford.ac.uk