[MPlayer-users] Problem playing realaudio file

David Ronis ronis at ronispc.chem.mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 13 21:29:38 CET 2003

I'm using the CVS versions of mplayer, usually quite successfully.
 Lately, however, I've run into a problem.   I want to use mplayer to
convert some old realaudio files into wav files and from there
into mp3's using lame.  Unfortunately, mplayer fails to read about half
of the .ra files, even though
I can play any of them with realplayer 8.0.  Here's what I get:

Playing 28_8.36.ra
Falling back on trying to parse playlist 28_8.36.ra...
============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the
author! ===

I also tried forcing the codecs to be the same as the ones that worked,
but got nowhere.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.   I don't subscribe
to the list, and would appreciate
a cc of any reply.

Thanks

David