[MPlayer-users] ASX Decoding and relative URLs

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 22:11:51 CET 2003

On Sunday 16 Mar 2003 20:42, Hatamoto wrote:
> ... I've noticed that when asx files are generated that use relative
> URLs in the source, mplayer gets confused and doesn't play 'em. For
> example, the following asx would fail:
> <Param Name = "SourceURL" Value = "/video.wmv" />
> <Ref href = "/video.wmv" />
> Please consider adding it.

Easy, if you know where the URL is relative _to_. Even with 10^10 brain cells
at my disposal, I can't possibly resolve "/video.wmv" into a playable URL
unless I know the address of the page into which video.wmv is supposed to be
embedded.

This is something that would _have_ to be tackled jointly with MozPlugger -
passing the base URL of the page from which the relative URL in the ASX
should be resolved => there needs to be a) a means for MozPlugger to tell
MPlayer the base URL and b) a means (eg. a special commandline option or
something) for MPlayer to receive that data.

Stephen