[MPlayer-users] Re: Subtitles..

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Mar 12 23:54:17 CET 2003

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 07:25:04PM +0000, Martin Collins wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:15:57 -0500
> Michael Waters <stonin at rogers.com> wrote:
>
> > Are there any plans to support rar 3.0 for subtitle files ?
>
> Argh! That explains the hassle I've been having today. How
> serendipitous of you to mention it now.

Nope. RAR 3 is massively lame and proprietary. Just unrar your subs
and recompress them as RAR 2 or better yet leave them uncompressed.

> I have another question: is -subpos supposed to work with VobSubs?

Yes, if you set the alignment with -spualign (RTFM for details). By
default vobsub/dvdsubs are displayed at the original coordinates from
the dvd, but you can top/middle/bottom align them with the subpos if
you prefer.

Rich