[MPlayer-users] 2 Bugs [?]

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Mar 12 10:34:10 CET 2003

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:17:11AM +0300, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Balatoni Denes wrote:
>
> BD>I wonder if it's possible to upload a sample of something+commandline
> BD>etc, in case somebody wants to check.
>
> Commandline is simple - '-oac copy -ovc copy -forceidx', with or without
> -ni. Uploading sample isn't possible, it would be > 40m. However, I
> compiled mencoder with --enable-debug=3 and this shows more complete and
> slightly different result.
>
> Problem seems to be somewhere in -forceidx - without it everything works
> perfectly, with it there is a crash.

Out of curiosity, why are you using -forceidx with mencoder? It's
almost never needed. In fact you can usually get by with -noidx when
using mencoder unless you're using -ss or your file is badly damaged.

If the docs are suggesting -forceidx somewhere that should probably be
removed... -forceidx forces rebuilding of the source file's index
before starting on the encode/copy. A new working index is *always*
generated for the output file regardless of whether you use
-noidx/-idx/-forceidx.

Rich