[MPlayer-users] 2 Bugs [?]

Tue Mar 11 22:16:04 CET 2003

Well, this may be not exactly bugs, but it's up to developers to
decide...

First issue is about asf files. When trying to play any .asf/.wmv file,
the mouse cursor stops disappearing after some seconds. I mean, when
playing anything else on any -vo - x11, xv or xvidix, no matter, stalled
mouse cursor disappears within some seconds. With asf files, it
disappears really too, but this happens only after ~35 sec! I can
reproduce this on any asf file I have.

Second is about mencoder. I have avi file which is not interlaced and
which I want to fix as usual - by running "mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy
-forceidx". Mencoder starts encoding, in some position (67%) reports
that file is not interlaced and it is switching to -ni mode, and then
crashes. When I force -ni flag, it just crashes in this position. I
thought that this may be just broken file, not mencoder bug, but mplayer
plays it perfectly.

Gdb says that mencoder crashed by segfault in demuxer_get_percent_pos(),
since my mplayer isn't debug-enabled, I'll report this later, if this is
really mencoder bug.

I use 0.90rc4 version.

--

Vladimir