[MPlayer-users] new version of detc filter! (inverse telecine)

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Mar 11 04:06:13 CET 2003

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 11:05:15AM +0100, gabor wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 19:07, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > I just committed it. Please send any comments to the list here.
> >

> tried it with flcl dvd 1,
> works well with  mplayer and with mencoder-ofps23.976 too..
>
> sometimes when there is something VERY highmotion (like an explosion),
> then for like half a second you can see the interlaced frames.

If you could crop out a segment of the movie where this happens (with
-ss [time] -endpos [len] -oac copy -nosound) and upload to MPHQ, I
could check why it's not detected and see if I could fix the problem.

> i haven't tested the params of detc.. if you want me/us to test some
> parameters, just ask.

I mostly care about the defaults at this point. The other options are
for very specialized situations.

Rich