[MPlayer-users] Mencoder seems to skip duplicate frames - swi tch?

Hans Meine meine at kogs1.informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Mar 10 18:10:40 CET 2003

On Monday 10 March 2003 16:10, Luis.F.Correia wrote:
> duplicate frames afre somewhat normal when the movies are encoded from
> 24 fps (film) to 29.97 (NTSC).

I suspected that in my case, the duplicate frames are just pure black frames
between the intro animation and the real movie. A strong evidence against any
telecine-related stuff is that there are only ten skipped frames in the first
seven seconds and two single dups in the other one and a half hours.

> For an example, I converted some weeks ago the very old Spaceballs movie,

That's a great one! :-)

Thanks anyway,
  Hans