[MPlayer-users] Mencoder seems to skip duplicate frames - swi tch?

Luis.F.Correia Luis.F.Correia at seg-social.pt
Mon Mar 10 17:10:17 CET 2003

duplicate frames afre somewhat normal when the movies are encoded from
24 fps (film) to 29.97 (NTSC).

Search a bit for 'inverse telecine', it should provide some answers.

For an example, I converted some weeks ago the very old Spaceballs movie,
that i got from a friend in Brasil in DVD.

The conversion came out ok, but every 4 frames, mencoder droped a
duplicate frame. And also it took a lot longer to encode the movie...