[MPlayer-users] devels: could you please check animatrix-2?

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ees2.oulu.fi
Fri Mar 7 17:45:01 CET 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Luis.F.Correia wrote:

>Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
>ADecoder init failed :(
>*** Try to upgrade /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf from etc/codecs.conf
>*** If it still does not work, read DOCS/codecs.html!

I get these same messages with MPlayer-0.90rc2-2.95.4 when trying to
play animatrix-2, but there's also an extra line
"Can't find codec for audio format 0x6134706D!" (fourcc mp4a)
This fourcc is in my codecs.conf file saying "driver faad" and "dll
libfaad2".

Animatrix-1 plays fine, using the patch posted here (except that there's
some audio sync problem). But with Animatrix-2 mplayer doesn't
play sound at all (video is fine).

Oh, and Animatrices restart from beginning if I use keys for fast
forwarding to the end (other videos usually just make mplayer to quit).

This is Debian Woody 3.0, faad2-1.1 (just downloaded the newest).
CPU: Intel Mobile Pentium II 366 MHz.