[MPlayer-users] faad2 help

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Mar 6 13:38:40 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 04:22, Götz Waschk wrote:
> Am Donnerstag,  6. März 2003, 04:12:19 Uhr MET, schrieb Michael A. Peters:
> [faad2]
> > I know this isn't the faad2 help list (I asked on their forum too) - but
> > I'm guessing people here might have run into this problem?
> > Thanks for any suggestions. I'd really like to get past this so I can
> > rebuild my mplayer :D
>
> Why don't you have a look at my faad package for Mandrake:
>
> ftp://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/linux/plf/src/faad2-1.1-4plf.src.rpm

That package is odd - it requires libsndfile >= 1.0 but doesn't patch it
for the change in sndfile.h that happened in 1.0 (and thus it building
their src.rpm gives me the "audio.c:55: structure has no member named
`samples'" error that I first patched in the audio.c file)

I guess you changed the sndfile.h header in their libsndfile package?.
Anyway - the spec file doesn't do anything different than what I did (no
patches or special options) so I'm guessing my problem is a RH8 gcc bug.

Thanks for the link, though.

--
Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com>